I know what you are thinking. Fall already?? Well…just a little bit. Fall is my favorite season, and I look forward to it so much that I have the urge to decorate early, but I hold back and wait until at least after Labor Day. I have found some other ways to channel my love for fall without going overboard and decorating when it is still summer.
Here are a few ways I plan for fall (just a little early):
- Make a bucket list of everything you want to do as a family this fall. Put some fun, family day trips on your calendar while it is still open.
- Go through old fall decor and throw out or donate what you don’t need anymore.
- Research fall decor ideas, and get some inspiration on new ways to decorate this year.
- Go through your fall/winter clothes and donate what you don’t need and make a list of things you do need. Do the same for every family member.
- Make a list of fall recipes you want to try out this year.
- Make a list of ingredients you will need to stock up on for your fall recipes.
- Do a deep clean of your house to prepare for the cooler months ahead.
- Plan fall crafts for your kids and buy supplies.
- Make a list of books you want to cozy up with and read this fall.
- Go ahead and browse HobbyLobby or another home decor store for new fall decor. Sometimes you can find an early sale.
I am so looking forward to the fall season and cooler weather, but I’m still going to make the most of the last few weeks of summer. I hope these ideas give you some inspiration on ways to channel your love for fall even though it is still summer.